Monday, April 9, 2007

Starting a Personal Finance Blog

Today seems as good a time as any to start My Personal Finance Blog.

This blog’s anniversary will then coincide with my girlfriend’s birthday which is also today. It would then not be too hard to remember every year to look back and see whether there’s been any progress in this little pet project of ours. Which works out quite beautifully actually because there’s a pretty good reason why I say that this project is “ours.” After all, the word “my” that precedes “personal finance” will soon include both hers and my financial journey.

It’s also coincidental that she was hired at her new job this past weekend which was both a GREAT birthday present as well as a really good reason to start thinking about her new earning power (and saving responsibilities) in her personal finances as well.

And for some reason, I’ve also become quite enamored with PF blogs these past couple of weeks. Perhaps because the last day to file taxes is fast approaching which also happens to be the last day to contribute to a Roth IRA for 2006.

I guess that’s why I started thinking about all this finance stuff. I figured it’s time. I’m five (5) years removed from college and I’m just now starting to think about wheter or not I am truly stable financially, both now and retirement. I hope that charting my progress here helps me somewhat to realize my goals (which I have yet to decide on) for financial freedom (whatever the hell that means).

No comments: